Sunday, September 13, 2009

VoiceThread Project Reflection

The students I had enjoyed working with the VoiceThread and will be using it in the future. I see how it can be incorporated in both math and science.
Working with the members of my group has been wonderful. I have received so much help and ideas. Each member has talents and skills they have shown. I teach my classes with a workshop model and each one must participate and help others in the group. This is just what happened in our group for the last couple of weeks. I will be sharing this experience with my fifth graders so that they will understand how important teamwork is and how we can help and depend on others when teamwork is truly "team work"

2 comments:

  1. Betty, I would love to hear more about your "workshop" model of teaching. I love incorporating group work and student collaboration into my teaching and I do think that it teaches them important life skills. Since you are a fifth grade teacher as well, I've really benefited from having you in my group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great that you are sharing your own collaboration story with your students. Be sure to tell them everything- the good and the bad. They need to see that adults must collaborate too. That will show them the relevance of learning to collaborate with others and to work out team dynamics.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.